It’s not easy to be a content publisher these days: distribution and syndication models have changed forever, audiences spend more and more time on Facebook instead of your site, and finding and optimizing ad revenue is increasingly complex. On top of it all, new privacy requirements in the U.S. and Europe are providing users with new choices about how their data are collected and used, imposing new technical and business requirements on publishers. For PrivacyChoice, this reinforces the importance of our mission: to make privacy easier for publishers and their users. Today we’re doing just that with the announcement of PrivacyDNT from our partner, Ensighten.
From the release, here are the key highlights of the service:
- Covers all tags on site – no need to modify any tags or move into a TMS
- Recognizes and lists all tags on website
- Privacy categorization of tags based on data from consumer e-privacy leader PrivacyChoice
- Simple to configure and maintain – intuitive dashboard for modifying DNT tag blocking
- Automated new tag detection, auto-classification and email alerts
- Detection of consumers’ DNT preferences and corresponding blocking or allowance of tag firing
- Ongoing updates to web service to stay up to date with emerging DNT standard
Here’s my hope: by removing the technical barriers to DNT compliance, we can let publishers focus on what they do best — creating great content — and also open up a more meaningful conversation with their users about how they use and share data.